This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Employee Relations Specialist to join an iconic Australian Financial Institution. Our client is fully committed to their people and have a strong internal value system. Reporting directly to the Project Program Owner this is a unique chance to develop you ER career.
The Integration Employee Relations Lead has a key role to play in ensuring people plans and actions of the Integration Program are developed to maximise engagement of new employees and minimise industrial action.
The role to ensure that there is a relevant understanding of the terms and conditions of the Enterprise Agreement for all required roles and leaders have the right tools, processes, education and escalated advice mechanisms to support management of employees under the Agreement and has a strategic plan for the management of its employee relations landscape for the next 3-5 years.
- To ensure a clearly documented review of the merging Enterprise Agreement and similarities and differences are clearly identified and the impact of differences articulated
- Existing policies are reviewed against all other industrial instruments relevant to the client and recommendations made for harmonisation of conditions with appropriate planning and costing for implementation delivered as part of the recommendation process
- Appropriate education P&C and Leader education is developed and delivered, and built for sustained delivery for induction of new leaders and P&C team members after the Integration program has ceased
- Escalated issues relating to management of employees covered by the Enterprise Agreement are resolved and communicated to Leaders
- Relevant process maps and other documentation is developed to support the delivery of P&C’s obligations under the Enterprise Agreement Development
- Act as liaison with the FSU as required
- Preparation and presentation of any materials for Fair Work and other related bodies as required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an ER specialist or in broader roles with a large ER component
- Experience planning and leading employee relations strategies
- Demonstrated Proven experience delivering expert advice & resolution of complex issues working across multiple enterprise agreements
- Previous experience in harmonisation of company agreements/policies
- Understanding of change management approaches
- Demonstrated experience across the full employee life cycle and the industrial opportunities and challenges of each of these
- Management of Union relationships
- Insurance or Financial Services experience – desirable
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Proven stakeholder management skills across a range of audience levels including C-suite
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with program and project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Supportive team player, working with colleagues to deliver solutions for the entire program of work
- A desire to roll-up your sleeves and get things done!
We look forward to receiving your application.